This reference is organized into topics that correspond either to a kind of item you might want to manipulate programmatically (class definitions, DDL files, Studio, and so on), a technology of interest (HTTP, XML, and so on), or a task you might be interested in (testing, debugging, and so on).
It lists the APIs for some tasks that are commonly performed in the Management Portal, if those are tasks you might need to perform in an installation program.
If there is no reference page for the item you seek, see the additional list in the preface to this book.
- .NET – Interoperate with .NET clients and objects.
- ActiveX/COM –
ActiveX Interoperate with ActiveX/COM clients and objects. COM
- Applications – Work with web applications, privileged routine applications, and client applications (create, modify, export, and so on).
- Archiving –
archive archive server Centera Archive files to an archive server. EMC Centera
- Arrays –
Work with arrays. array
- ASTM – (Ensemble) Receive, work with, and send ASTM documents from clinical instruments.
- Auditing –
Add entries to the audit log. audit
- Authentication – Authenticate users.
- Authorization – Control what each user is permitted to use, view, or alter.
- Basic – Write routines and methods in an implementation of Basic.
- Bitstrings –
Convert strings to bitstrings. bitstring
- Business Intelligence –
Analyze data; develop a measurement-based approach to making strategic and tactical decisions. BI
- Business Logic – (Ensemble) Model business rules and processes within an Ensemble production.
- C – Access Caché from C programs.
- C++ – Access Caché from C++ programs.
- cconsole.log –
Write to the console log cconsole.logfile, the operator console log.
- Class Definitions –
class classes class member class members Work with class definitions and class members programmatically (obtain information about, define, make deployed, and so on). class definition
- Concurrency Mode –
Get and set the concurrency mode for the current process. concurrency
- CPF File –
Modify the CPF file programmatically (create databases, define mappings, configure devices, and so on). CPF
- CPUs (Processors) –
CPU CPUs processor Obtain information about CPUs (processors). processors
- CSP Gateway – Manage a CSP Gateway programmatically.
- CSV Files –
CSV Work with CSV (comma-separated values) data sources. CSV file
- Current Date and Time –
now system time current date current time system date Obtain the current date and time. system time
- Custom Language Elements –
custom command custom commands custom variable custom variables custom function Add custom commands, functions, and special variables to ObjectScript, Caché MVBasic, or Caché Basic. custom functions
- Custom Metrics –
custom metric metric metrics business metric Define custom metrics. business metrics
- Dashboards –
Create dashboards for your end users. dashboard
- Data Synchronization – Keep data synchronized on multiple systems.
- Data Transformation –
(Ensemble) Modify data being sent within an Ensemble production. data transformation
- Data Type Classes –
data type Define properties to contain literal values. data types
- Databases –
Manage Caché database files programmatically (disable and enable journaling, copy, configure, and so on). database
- Date/Time Values –
date dates time times date value date values time value Work with date/time values. time values
- DDL –
DDL file Work with DDL statements and with DDL files. DDL files
- Debugging –
debug Debug programs. debugger
- Devices –
Work programmatically with devices such as printers and tape drives; configure; query for list of devices. device
- DICOM – (Ensemble) Receive, work with, create, and send DICOM documents.
- Directories and Drives –
directory directories Work with directories and drives programmatically. drives
- DLLs and Executables (Non-InterSystems) –
DLL DLLs EXE EXEs executable Invoke dynamic link libraries and executables provided by other vendors. executables
- DOMs –
Work with XML DOMs (document object model). DOM
- Dynamic SQL – Create SQL statements that are prepared and executed at runtime.
- ebXML – (Ensemble) Use ebXML messages to interface with other systems.
- EDIFACT – (Ensemble) Receive, work with, and send EDIFACT documents.
- Email –
SMTP Send and receive email programmatically. POP3
- Encryption –
encrypt Protect information against unauthorized viewing. encrypting
- Environment Variables –
Access the value of an environment variable. environment variable
- Exporting Data –
Export data programmatically. export data
- Extents –
Work with extent definitions programmatically. extent
- FileMan – Convert FileMan files into Caché classes.
- Files –
Work with files programmatically (read, write, copy, rename, and so on). file
- FTP – Use FTP from within Caché.
- Full-Text Searching –
full text search Perform full-text searching. full text searching
- Globals –
Manage globals programmatically (import, export, get size, set collation, configure mappings, and so on). global
- GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers) –
GUID Work with GUIDs (Globally Unique Identifiers). GUIDs
- HL7 Messages –
HL7 (Ensemble) Receive, work with, and send HL7 Version 2 and HL7 Version 3 messages. HL7 message
- HTML – Parse HTML (Ensemble).
- HTTP – Send and receive HTTP requests and responses.
- Importing Data –
Import data programmatically. import data
- Include Files –
Export include files programmatically. include file
- Installation –
install Create custom installers. installers
- Inventory Facility –
Create a catalog of your code. inventory
- IP Addresses –
IP address network address network addresses IPv4 Work with IP addresses (validate, get IP addresses, and so on). IPv6
- ISQL – Migrate from ISQL.
- Java – Interoperate with Java programs.
- JDBC – Access third-party JDBC-compliant databases from within Caché; access Caché as an JDBC-compliant database.
- JSON – Create, use, and modify JSON-format objects and arrays; serialize objects as JSON; create objects from JSON.
- LDAP – Interact with an LDAP database programmatically.
- Licenses –
license license server Access information about Caché license usage programmatically; configure license servers. license servers
- Lists –
Work with lists. list
- Locks –
concurrency concurrency control lock Read lock table information programmatically; remove locks; query and adjust lock table parameters. lock table
- Macros –
Export macros programmatically; print information about available macros. macro
- MDX – Create and execute MDX queries.
- Memory – Modify the memory settings programmatically.
- MIME – Send and receive MIME messages.
- MQ (IBM WebSphere MQ) –
Exchange messages between Caché and IBM WebSphere MQ. MQ
- MultiValue –
MV Write routines and methods in MultiValue; access data stored in MultiValue format; generate MVBasic client classes; write to the mv.log mv.logfile.
- Namespaces –
Get information about Caché namespaces programmatically; query for list of namespaces. namespace
- Node.js – Use Node.js to implement for high-performance access to data held in Caché databases.
- Objects –
Define objects. object
- ObjectScript – Write routines and methods in ObjectScript.
- ODBC – Access third-party ODBC-compliant databases from within Caché; access Caché as an JDBC-compliant database.
- Operating System –
O/S Obtain information about the operating system. operating systems
- Operating System Commands –
operating system Invoke operating system commands from within Caché. O/S
- Packages –
Work with packages programmatically (compile, export, delete, and so on); configure mappings. package
- Performance Diagnosis –
Diagnose performance. performance
- Perl – Access Caché from Perl programs.
- PMML (Predictive Modelling Markup Language) – Execute PMML models.
- Processes (Jobs) –
process processes job Get information about and manipulate CPU processes (known as jobs in Ensemble). jobs
- Productions –
production business host (Ensemble) Work with productions programmatically (start, check status, enable configuration items, stop, and so on). business hosts
- Projects –
Work with Studio projects programmatically (export, compile, copy, delete, and so on). project
- Publish and Subscribe –
PubSub publish (Ensemble) Route messages to subscribers based on their expressed interests. subscribe
- Push Notifications –
Send push notification messages to iOS and Google devices. push
- Python – Access Caché from Python programs.
- Regular Expressions –
regular expression regex Perform pattern matching using regular expressions. regexp
- Reports –
Create reports. report
- REST (Web Services and Clients) –
REST web service Create REST web services and web clients. web client
- Routines –
Work with routines programmatically (create, compile, get time stamp, export, and so on); configure mappings. routine
- SAML Tokens –
Add SAML tokens to WS-Security headers. SAML
- SASL – Implement SASL to include authentication in connection-based protocols.
- Security Items –
resource role user privilege Work with roles, resources, applications, SSL configurations, and other security items programmatically (create, manipulate, export, and so on). permission
- Server – Obtain information about the Caché or Ensemble server and its environment.
- Siebel – (Ensemble) Communicate with a Siebel server.
- SOAP (Web Services and Clients) –
SOAP web service Create SOAP-compliant web services and web clients. web client
- Source Control –
Connect Studio to your source control system. version control
- SQL – Use SQL within Caché; access third-party ODBC- or JDBC-compliant databases; access Caché as an ODBC- or JDBC-compliant database.
- SQL Gateway Connections –
Object Gateway Manage and access SQL Gateway connections programmatically (check connections, query by name, and so on). SQL Gateway
- SSH – Use SSH to communicate securely.
- SSL/TLS –
TLS/SSL SSL Use SSL/TLS to communicate securely; obtain information about SSL/TLS connection in use. TLS
- Startup and Shutdown Behavior –
startup shutdown start Customize startup and shutdown behavior. stop
- Status Values – Work with the
- Streams –
Work with streams. stream
- Studio – Extend Studio and connect Studio to your version control system.
- Tasks –
task Work with tasks (Task Manager) programmatically (schedule, export definitions, query, and so on). Task Manager
- TCP/IP –
Communicate via TCP/IP; work with TCP devices. TCP
- Telnet – Use Telnet from within Caché.
- Testing –
Perform automated testing of your code. test
- Transact-SQL – Use Transaction-SQL in Caché.
- Text-Based User Interfaces – Create text-based user interfaces.
- UDDI – (Ensemble) Use UDDI to work with web services.
- Unstructured Data – Work with unstructured data.
- URLs –
Parse a URL into its component parts. URL
- User Portal –
Provide a user portal for your end users. portal
- Version – Obtain information about the system version.
- Web Pages –
web page front end Create a front end for your application by creating web pages. user interface
- Workflow – (Ensemble) Incorporate human interaction into automated business processes.
- X12 – (Ensemble) Receive, work with, and send X12 documents.
- X.509 Certificates –
Use X.509 certificates. X.509
- XML – Project objects as XML documents; read, transform, and write XML documents; send and receive XML documents from Ensemble productions; and so on.
- XPATH – Evaluate XPATH expressions.
- XSLT – Perform XSLT transformations.
- XTP (Extreme Transaction Processing) –
Implement XTP (Extreme Transaction Processing) using Caché databases. Globals