This class is kept to provide an interface to the
Subclass from this and implement the methods you need for your source control system.
Used to control which dialogs appear in Studio, if the position is '1' then this dialog will appears and if it is '0' the
UserActionwill be called to determine what to do. This is included for backward compatibilty. The dialog are:
- 1 : Present dialog on check in
- 2 : Present dialog on check out
- 3 : Ask to add new item to source control
- 4 : Ask to remove deleted item from source control
Called to add this item to source control method AfterUserAction(Type As
This is called after the method CheckIn(InternalName As
UserActionand after any template is run or dialog is displayed. For list of input arguments see UserActionIn the case of the dialog the button pushed by the user is passed in Answer:
For the dialog that contains a textbox field the text of this field is passed in 'Msg' argument. In the case of a template if the template was closed from the 'x' button then Answer=2 to indicate the user attempted to cancel the operation. Otherwise if the template closed normally by getting to the end Answer=1. For the cases where Studio did not perform any interaction this method is not called. The default implementation is to call the standard source control tags as Studio did in Cache 5.0. If the Reload argument is set to true by this method then the current document will be reloaded in Studio
- 0 - No
- 1 - Yes
- 2 - Cancel
Check this routine/class/csp file into source control. method CheckOut(InternalName As
Check this routine/class/csp file out of source control. method GetLatest(InternalName As
Get the latest version of this file from source control. classmethod GetPortalPageOptions(pPageURL As
API to give developers control over the HTML environment used when viewing a source control popup for the URL in pPageURL from the portal. Developers can specify the following keys in pOptions: method OnMenuItem(MenuName As
- IECompatibility - set
pOptions("IECompatibility")to 1 to permit IE compatibility mode when rendering the URL. The default behaviour is to force IE to use its most recent rendering engine.
- CSSLevel - set
pOptions("CSSLevel")to 2 to force HTML 4 output, or 3 to force HTML 5 output. The default behaviour is to use HTML5 output when the browser can support it. Note that the values follow the semantics for the %OnDetermineCSSLevel() callback implemented in
This is called for every menu item returned to Studio to allow the menu to be enabled/disabled without having to write a custom query for method OnPortalCreate(pUserData As
MenuItems. The DisplayName of this menu is also passed by reference and this may be modified to change the appearance of this menu item. The MenuName is the main menu name then the submenu name separated by a ','. If Enabled is set to -1 then it will remove this menu item from the list totally, 0 will gray the menu item out and the default 1 will display the menu item as normal.
Callback invoked when the portal-based Source Control hooks instantiate the source control class. Operations that occur in this callback should be lightweight as the source control class needs to be instantiated afresh every time a source control action is performed. method RemoveFromSourceControl(InternalName As
Called to delete this item from source control method UndoCheckout(InternalName As
Undo the checkout of this item. method UserAction(Type As
This is called when the user performs an action that may need to interact with the server, such as selecting a menu or adding a new document. This encompases what the deprecated Flags parameter did and allows additional flexibility.
The Type argument values are:
When a menu item is selected the Name argument is the name of this menu item in the format '<MainMenu>,<SubMenu>'. For other Studio actions the Name argument is one of:
- 0 : Server defined menu item selected
- 1 : Other Studio action
- 0 : User has tried to change a document that is locked in source control
- 1 : User has created a new document
- 2 : User has deleted a document
- 3 : User has opened a document
- 4 : User has closed a document
- 5 : User has connected to a new namespace
6 : User has selected to import comma delimetered list of documents 7 : User has saved a new document for the first timeThe InternalName argument is the name of the document about which this action occurs. If there is any selected text in the document which has focus this is sent in the SelectedText argument. The Action argument is set by this method to tell Studio what to do. Possible return values for this are:
If the Reload argument is set to true then the current document will be reloaded in Studio, this is useful if you change the document to change its attribute so Studio will pick up these changes.
- 0 : Do nothing, note that this method can still perform some action such as check an item out of source control, but Studio will not ask for user input.
- 1 : Display the default Studio dialog with a yes/no/cancel button. The text for this dialog is provided in the 'Target' return argument.
- 2 - Run a CSP page/Template. The Target is the full url to the CSP page/Template, as usual the page will be passed the current document name, any selected text, the project name, the namespace.
- 3 - Run an EXE on the client. The Target is the name of an executable file on the client machine. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure this EXE is installed in a suitable location.
- 4 - Insert the text in Target in the current document at the current selection point
- 5 - Studio will open the documents listed in Target, if there are multiple documents to open they will be separated with commas. If the document name is 'test.mac:label+10' it will open the document 'test.mac' and goto 'label+10'.
- 6 - Display an alert dialog in Studio with the text from the Target variable
- 7 - Display a dialog with a textbox and Yes/No/Cancel buttons. The text for this dialog is provided by the 'Target' return argument. The initial text for the textbox is provided by the 'Msg' return argument.